Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ABOUT ME...


Hello fellow class members. My name is Jonas Cockson. I am a thirty-two year old male from Foley, Alabama. Throughout my existence, I have lived in many different states within the U.S. (Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, California, Hawaii and Washington D.C.). I have also lived in/or visited many countries outside of the U.S. (Japan, Korea, Australia, Tinian, Saipan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Germany and Mexico), primarily during my tenure with the United States Marine Corps.

After serving four years as a cook in the Marine Corps, I decided to go to college to become a teacher. I have just recently finished two years of college at Faulkner State Junior College. I chose to become a teacher because - throughout my life - I have felt that I have possessed several gifts - gifts that could be used to an even greater effect, by helping to educate others. These gifts include, but are not limited too, encouragement (helping people to realize their potential), patience, understanding, and the ability to convey (as well as inspire). When it is all said and done, I will have completed my degree (Secondary English Education) at the University of South Alabama. Hopefully (fingers crossed), I will have secured a teaching position in the Mobile/Baldwin County area.

My interests include the following:
1.) reading
2.) writing
3.) playing bass guitar
4.) composing songs
5.) watching movies
6.) traveling
7.) eating (tacos/pizza/Chinese)
8.) camping
9.) the history of the Wild West
10.) poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment