Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dr. Christie's Site

After roaming around on Dr. Alice Christie's website (alicechristie.org), I found something that peaked my interest. That "something" is called: Dr. Christie's Guide for Web Searching and Researching. In this section of her site, teachers and students can utilize internet tools to help gather information - as well as learn about using interactive web-based technology. The section includes various search engines, subject directories, and online researching resources (including databases and encyclopedias).

As a teacher, I would use this section to better educate my students (as well as myself) on how to use the web to collect data, cite sources, and become a more confident/competent internet browser. From a future teacher's standpoint, I feel that Dr. Christie's site is a definite asset in the movement to unite teachers, students and technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment